Prince Harry of Wales and American actress Meghan Markle are slated to marry on the St. George Chapel at Windsor Citadel on Could 19. In fact, the query that has had Curbed HQ buzzing is: The place will they reside?
We already know from the official engagement announcement that the couple’s first shared residence can be Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace in London. The modest dwelling, nicknamed “Nott Cott” by palace insiders, is situated simply steps away from the a lot grander official residence of Prince William and Kate Middleton. However as we get nearer to the marriage, the couple can also be rumored to be scoping out greater digs even nearer to the their royal sibs.
In accordance with Home Lovely UK, there are hints rising that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will improve to the 21-bedroom Condominium 1 at Kensington Palace, proper subsequent door to William and Kate. There are images of that wing of the palace below renovation since final fall. The Queen can also be reportedly giving the pair a royal nation home as a marriage present.
Keep tuned for extra on the couple’s actual property happenings. However within the meantime, right here’s all of the vital or in any other case intriguing issues we all know up to now about Nott Cott.
- Prince Harry already lives there, and has been since 2013. Markle moved out of her Toronto dwelling within the fall, and the pair has been residing at Nott Cott since. They’ll most likely reside there till at the least their marriage ceremony, like William and Kate did.
- Reportedly the very first thing Prince Harry did upon shifting in was set up a hammock within the yard.
- As one of many smallest properties on Kensington Palace grounds, it’s a real royal starter dwelling. Appears to be like just like the couple can be needing small area design suggestions like the remainder of us.
- It’s not a tiny dwelling although, as a result of they’re nonetheless royals! Nott Cott has two bedrooms, a toilet, kitchen, and backyard. (Word: A flooring plan circulating on-line in reference to Nott Cott is just not it, although, because the picture could be traced again to a North Carolina retirement neighborhood.)
- The home was bought for simply £20,000 in 1689 by King William III and Queen Mary II from the Secretary of State Daniel Finch, the Earl of Nottingham.
- It options rooms designed by Sir Christopher Wren, one probably the most well-known architects in English historical past. Wren was identified for rebuilding over 50 church buildings after the Nice Hearth of London in 1666, together with the long-lasting St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- Nott Cott higher prepare for some paws. Markle has two rescue canines, Bogart and Man. Good factor we’re sort of in a golden age of designer pet furnishings.
The place will Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reside? In Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace #RoyalEngagement #RoyalWedding2018 #PrinceHarry #MeghanMarkle #RealEstate pic.twitter.com/79opnZfy13
— London Realtors (@LdnRealty) November 27, 2017